If this is your first time riding with us you will notice that we offer you the option of our Golden Retriever Plan. Frankly speaking this is designed to encourage you to raise as much support as you can. We realize that for some raising funds is a very difficult obstacle to participation. That is why we have only raised the minimum amount required for participation twice in the many years we have done the event. In addition we have always sought to give every rider much more value than the minimum amount required.
We also recognize that there are others for whom raising funds is not a negative experience. It seems to be easy at times, or at least appears that way to the others who are struggling. If you are a person who does not mind raising funds we would like to encourage you to go the extra mile. We very much need the help. You will need to turn in $3000 prior to the ride. If it sounds overwhelming keep in mind we have about ten who reach the goal each year. It is certainly attainable!
To express our thanks we have tried to create some incentives that recognize your achievements and hopefully communicates to you our sincere appreciation. You have the opportunity to earn a bike and even go through the meal lines first.
The Golden Retriever Plan: (For those who desire to travel First Class all the way while significantly impacting the children’s home.) In addition to all of the regular benefits of the tour, when you turn in at least $3,000, prior to the start of the event, you shall receive your choice of the two options:
Go First Class be a Golden Retriever
- Hotel accommodations each night of the tour, or camping if you prefer.
- If you decide to camp, your tent will be set up and waiting for you when you arrive.
- The support team will carry your luggage for you throughout the tour. (No tipping please!)
- A massage will be provided each evening by certified sports massage therapists
- Go to the head of the line for transport to the camp or hotel at the end of each day.
- You will receive a special Golden Retriever shirt designating your special VIP status.
- Registration fee for 2015 tour is waived.
- You may waive the above, participate in the tour as everyone else, and receive a new bicycle. To receive the bicycle prior to the tour at least $3,000 must be turned in on or before June 1. If you turn in $3,000 prior to the tour you may receive all of the above Golden Retriever benefits plus receive a new bicycle.
- Registration fee for 2018 tour is waived.
Note: You may continue raising funds following the tour and turn in enough prior to September 1 to receive a bicycle ($3000 total).